Which Lantern ring is the most powerful and how many different ones are there in the DC universe? by Josh Barker
This is a somewhat difficult thing to answer. As each has their own strong suits.
But I would have to go with the Orange Lantern Ring (). And this is because it has several traits that set it apart from the other rings.
- It has an extremely high energy capacity. With upwards of 100,000%.
- The ring continues to work without a charge. Relying on the users own internal avarice to power itself.
- Is the only ring capable of generating its own corps members from constructs.
- Which is does by absorbing/stealing and replicating the identities of those it defeats.
- The constructed corps members are also extremely difficult to defeat themselves. Which speaks to the power of the ring.
- It also has an extreme control over its wearer. Increasing their greed to overwhelming heights.
- It is also capable of absorbing energy from some of the other Lantern rings… along with constructs created by the Guardians themselves.
- Along with absorbing magic.
I believe that what makes the Orange Lantern ring so uniquely powerful, is that it is singular in nature. It pretty much contains all the power that would otherwise be dispersed to other rings all to itself.
Yes, it has its weaknesses. But at the end of the day the Orange Lantern ring seems to be the strongest there is.