Aren’t black TV channels and other things only restricted to black people discriminatory?, software engineer
Aren’t black TV channels and other things only restricted to black people discriminatory?
But no more so then pretty much every other station that’s on tv. Let’s look at a few
- BET – caters to Black music and black entertainment. This actually is more actually out the genre of black music & entertainment as musicals like Sam Smith, Eminem, Teena Marie, Lisa Stansfield, Bobby Caldwell, Boz Scaggs, Annale’, kid Rock, etc are featured quite often. Also, often the movies they show are mainstream movies with diverse casts… they just may have a Black lead. So I’m not sure how it’s restricted… have you actually watched the channel before?
- CMT – caters to country music and entertainment. It’s probably 90% white, but if I cared to watch it, I’m sure I’d find a few Black people in there somewhere. (At least maid or two)
- Lifetime – caters to entertainment geared towards women
- HGTV – caters to topics covering home buying, home repair, etc
- LOGO – Caters to LGBTQ entertainment though the movie or tv show may have straight actors in them as well.
- Telemundo – caters to shows, music videos and movies with Mexican topics or Mexican leads.
- Sprout – caters to shows, music and movies with topics geared toward young kids (by your definition… discriminatory )
- Food TV – all about food (discriminatory )
- Fox News – caters to fake news and the president’s whims
- Speed TV – caters to covering fast cars and motorcycles
- Golf channel – caters to one sport and one sport only… cricket
Here’s some more channels for you that would be discriminatory by your definition.
You’ll see that pretty much most of the major groups have access to a channel that caters to them.
In fact, I think it’s safe to say that every station seeks to cater to a particular group. Discriminatory.
So the real question is why do people constantly ignore every other station and only focus on the 2 or 3 Black ones?
Makes one wonder….